Trunk-or-Treat Volunteer Instructions
The First Lutheran Church Let Your Light Shine Trunk-Or-Treat Event will take place from 12:45 to 2:15pm on Sunday, October 31st.
- Volunteer vehicle parking will take place in the Southeast parking lot from 9:00am-12:00pm. We will park vehicles with one space between them. If you have a larger display and need more space, please communicate this when you arrive. Members of the Care & Growth Committee will assist with parking.
- Park, set up your display, and prepare for trick-or-treaters to move through at 12:45pm.
- Please prepare for 250 children. You may hand out individually wrapped candy, treats, or non-food items. Please no home-baked goods.
- Plan to stay with your trunk display until 2:15pm to allow all families time to experience the event.
- First Lutheran will have its usual 5th Sunday service at 10:30am on Sunday. This will be the only service scheduled for the weekend.
- Volunteers may decorate trunks (or truck beds) as much or as little as you would like. You may bring a folding table or other display items if you would rather not use a vehicle. Creativity, costumes, games and quick activities are welcomed.
- For ideas on themes, games, etc, please check-out the “Trunk-Or-Treat Theme Ideas”and “Trunk-Or-Treat Game & Activity Ideas” webpages.
- There will be an award for best costume and best display.
Trunk-or-Treat Theme Ideas
Theme Ideas from Oriental Trading Company: https://www.fun365.
Trunk-or-Treat Game & Activity Ideas
- Halloween Games from Oriental Trading Company: https://www.orientaltrading.
com/toys-games-and-novelties/ games-and-activities/ halloween-a1-550229+1237-1. fltr
- Halloween Games from Party City: https://www.partycity.com/
- Halloween Games can be purchased at Target in Kearney (or online Target.com: https://www.target.com/c/