First Lutheran Church Employment Opportunities
We’re excited that you’re considering joining the First Lutheran staff! First Lutheran Church is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). This is Christ’s Church. There is a place for you here. We are the church that shares a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. Liberated by our faith, we embrace you as a whole person — questions, complexities and all. Join us as we do God’s work in Christ’s name for the life of the world.
We are a small staff of professional, caring, and dedicated individuals. Our common goals are supporting the pastors and connecting the congregation through the day-to-day operations, events, and worship.
The Office Manager will provide the operational oversight and vision necessary to ensure that FLC fulfills its mission of ministry as a Church of the ELCA and a Preschool.
As a member of the leadership team, the Office Manager will lead and inspire a highly productive operating culture built around effective teams, achievement of goals and attainment of metrics that result in sustainable growth of the church. This position also oversees many of the day-to-day operations. This includes managing the church building calendar, supervising building use and readiness for all scheduled activities, and managing staff and volunteers. This position is also responsible to develop and implement a strategy for relevant communication both within the church and with our community. The Office Manager manages and maintains the communication and marketing materials for both the community and the congregation. The Office Manager ensures the Preschool meets and maintains state standards as well as assists in the day to day running of the Preschool.
PRESCHOOL ASSISTANT TEACHER
The Preschool Assistant Teacher will support the lead teacher in providing a Christian based learning experience that is developmentally appropriate for children assigned to the teacher’s classroom.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Teacher in the following functions:
- Implements the Preschool’s Christian based curriculum by planning and implementing daily lessons.
- Supervises children, particularly those assigned to the teacher’s classroom, providing care and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Interacts with Teacher to provide for parental involvement; provides input for future curriculum development, and; communicates with students and parents.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and models Christian behaviors at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to student records or other communications as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.